- Purchased in 2005 mainly for its location and design, 2373 benefits from being an established property within considered surroundings. Majorly renovated internally on purchase and updated/maintained since as necessary.
- Prime consideration in the choice of 2373 was the aspect. The entrance faces south with those openings being smaller to lessen the sunlight and keep the house interior cool. The outside patio faces north for all-day shaded use and relatively quiet relaxation or entertainment of guests. The bright interior is flooded with cooler light from the north.
- This terraced house was chosen also for its conduciveness to ‘lock-up and leave’.
- The layout though allows for a through flow of natural air. In turn, that necessitates only ceiling fans on the ground floor to provide an agreeable daytime temperature even on the hottest day. (Open plan living area measures approx./c. 5.7m wide x 6+m long)
- Double doors lead from the open plan living to the shaded (north facing) low-slip patio. Specific to each condo there is a boat mooring beyond that patio/terrace (c. 6m x 6m).
- On the terrace there are planned spaces for a barbecue, outdoor sink and for a concealed washing machine (WM). There is an outdoor table and chairs for al fresco dining.
- Original, and now increasingly rare, hardwood window frames remain a feature throughout this attractive Sino-Portuguese property in MR2. The original hardwood parquet flooring has been renovated and unique Italian floor tiles are used elsewhere.
- Also leading off the ground floor living area are:
- A window-ventilated internal kitchen (approx.. 1.9m x 3m) with CB panel, fridge, sink, bespoke units with granite work-top and a planned space for a gas or electric oven & hob. (The present owner has not installed the latter amenities.)
- A window-ventilated downstairs wet-room of wc and shower. (suitable for WM. 1 & 2 have drainage to septic take under parking space.)
- An understair store room.
- access via a very sturdy internal staircase and upstairs lobby to the 2 bedrooms above.
- The kitchen holds the hard-wired control for the fire alarm (external bell) system.
- On the second floor are the master (c 5.7x 4.8 + its lobby) and 2nd (c 5.7×3.7) bedrooms with individual air conditioners. (Fans provide sufficient cooling for the present owner.) The master bedroom overlooks the ground floor terrace and canal and has a very quiet aspect. The single bathroom is a H&C wet-room containing a wc, sink and walk-in shower cubicle.
- The pitched roofs in all MR2 blocks also promote cooler interiors from proper air circulation.
(Although aesthetically pleasing to many, flat roofs are not appropriate in tropical climates as they need air conditioning at all times to avoid internal overheating and dampness. Wide over-hanging eaves on tropical designs also render western guttering unnecessary although some such gutters have been fitted in MR2.)
- Bedroom : 2
- Bathroom : 2
- Floor : 0
- Land Area : 0 Sq.M.
- Building Area : 194.98 Sq.M.